Friday, September 15, 2006

Answer the phone...or not.

I am sitting with my new interest and things are going through the "motions" and I need water. I get up and walk downstairs to get my trusty nalgene out of my climbing bag, and fill it with water. Right at that second my phone starts ringing, i pick it up and don't recognize the number. I pick it up only to realize that it was my ex, not JW, and a drunken ex states that he made a mistake and wants to see me.
"I'm kind of busy right now, so I have to go"
"Please just see me for a minute"
"I'm busy, and we're not having this conversation, I have to go"
"I have to go"
"Wait"
"What"
"I'm sorry"
"I know"
:click:

I get back upstairs to discover my new interest pretty much putting his shoes back on and ready to leave.
I simply state that I'm sorry and I shouldn't have answered the phone when I am with him, and I should have hung up when I realized who it was. He simply states that he doesn't think that he should have to deal with ex-boyfriends. He's hoppin mad and decides to leave and think things over before opening his mouth and making definite decisions. The whole next day I bite my nails wondering if i'm going to get the "it's not working out" speech. Instead I get, "I still don't think I was in the wrong, but I get that you're sorry and there's no sense in beating a dead horse. I wasn't going to call, and just let it go the weekend but I promised I would." So, now I just have to sit and hope that he doesn't decide to just be done with it after all.
I also made a startling discovery the other day (before all of this) while he is sitting at work having a beer. He is going to be the third JW that I will have dated this year. eeek.
other than that I have nothing interesting to say.

3 comments:

Lance said...

DRA-MA,

New dude needs to chill the fuck out. That sort of dramatic bullshit is one of the main reasons that I'm single. Its amazing to me how fast all of the little power plays start between two people. LSD, is like... Oh, I see that you are a possesive wack job of a person... Peace out.

Tell new dude to get his head out of his ass and stop throwing temper tantrums like a two year old.

beaus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beaus said...

i know, we talked about it and he needs to chill the fuck out. P.S. saw JW today with new girl and for the first time since i found out they were dating.....jealousy